Sunday, May 11, 2008

Day 7 & 8, Mon 7 Tue, May 5 & 6, 2008 Las Vegas

Dean and I were talking about our day and a half on the strip, and I realized that we'd spent enough time in Caesar's Palace to include it in it's own post.

Here are a few shots of Caesar's from the outside.



This is the broad shot.

And here are a few close-ups.









The statues in and on this place are great.







A lot of the statues we didn't take pictures of, though, because they are true reproductions of the originals, which were anatomically correct. 'Nough said.



This is the entrance to the Forum Shops, Caesar's shopping mall. This is where we spent our time inside.



This is in the multi-level entrance. Here are a few more shots.







The ceiling is beautiful.

Here are just a few of the highlights from inside.



This is inside an eating area of some sort. We weren't there long enough for me to get any details. Sorry.



More statues. Those are life-sized.

There's an area in the Forum Shops that has larger statues than the ones in the eating area. Some of the statues talk, and the dome above flashes lightning. It's called the Atlantis Show. Unfortunately, the attraction was closed for renovation when we were there. The back side of the show houses a large aquarium, though, and we did get some pictures of it.







Those are big fishies. If you compare them to the size of the people, you'll see what I mean.

Just a couple of the businesses of note in the Forum.



Here's one where you can visit exotic cars, and even take them for a test drive, if you want. The sign says you can get behind the wheel of a Lamborghini for just $250.00. Maybe next time.......

And then, my favorite--



The 2 story Trojan Horse is in the entrance to F.O.A. Schwartz. It was fantastic. I couldn't resist stepping in for a minute. And bless Dean, he followed, although I could hear he muttering, "Oh, no," under his breath.



The stuffed animals are wonderful. That giraffe is at least as tall as I am. I know I like to joke that I'm vertically challenged, but I'm 5'4" tall, and that makes for a big stuffed animal. And their expressions are precious.



Lots and lots of dinosaurs for your little reptile lover.

Just as we were leaving the store I saw my favorite thing of all. It was a table of candies and such. The display was called F. A. O. Schweets. Perfect. I just wish we'd gotten a picture.

Well, I hope you enjoyed visiting Caesar's Palace with us. We got back home this evening, and I have a reliable and fast internet connection, so I can get the rest of the strip pictures up shortly.

No comments: